Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Glad I Went to Princeton

The Association of Native Americans at Yale this weekend condemned Shaka, an all-female Polynesian dance group, for appropriating Hawaiian and Tahitian culture and demanded that the group disband.

The puzzle-witted children of the privileged are really hooked on the narcotic of animosity, aren't they?  It takes a lot of negative energy and bile to create something infuriating out of innocuous activities.

My current view of Yale students was established by a young woman I observed in New Haven the other day.  I was stopped at a traffic light and watched her walk into the side of a car in front of me.  Just plumb right into it.  She left a dent.  I'm guessing she's either a STEM scholar [my physicist/mathematician Dad and his NASA colleagues could be a little ditsy from time to time] or had been "triggered" by some act of "appropriation" that had left her "micro-aggressed".