Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Story. One Problem.

This is one of those articles that, for a reporter, is fun to research and write and is enjoyable to read in a weekend paper. There's just one issue I take with it, and partly that is to be put to the reporter who, being true to current NYT style, doesn't mention the religious aspects of the subject. But the greater responsibility is that of The Episcopal Church that keeps this old and highly effective form of...wait for it... EVANGELISM a virtual secret.

A Century of Character-Building and Games

I have to ask my cadre of Episcopalians: Did anyone know of this camp? Has anyone ever heard of it? Honestly, I know more about what TEC does in Honduras than I do of what good works and honest proclamation take place in this country. Why does that seem weird to me?