Monday, December 19, 2016

This is Why He's My Former Physician

Doctor:  [Looking at my lab results]  You're pre-diabetic.
Me:  Other than the obvious, what does that mean?
Doctor:  That's it's possible you will become diabetic.
Me:  Is it probable?
Doctor:  Ahhh....
Me: So, we now know what causes the circumstances of diabetes?
Doctor: Ahhh, no.  Not really.
Me: Does this mean I will develop diabetes?
Doctor:  Ahhh, no.
Me: So, it's possible, but not necessarily probable, that I will develop a disease for which the cause is unknown and, ergo, impossible to forecast.
Doctor:  Ahhh....
Me: So, everyone is pre-diabetic then.

Turns out I was right.

NYT: The study found that more than 80 percent of Americans over age 60 would get the same warning. So would nearly 60 percent of those over age 40, an estimated 73.3 million people.