Washington Post: ‘Allow him to sway’ or not: Video of former president Bush at Dallas memorial divides social media
1. It appears that fewer and fewer people have been to a Christian funeral, where we not only mourn the passing of a friend or family member, but we also acknowledge and, yes, celebrate their reunion with God. That explains part of the online confusion.
2. Bush actually believes in his religion. Again, an alien concept in these dark and nihilistic days, but there you go.
3. People who comment on social media are largely stupid.
4. The "Battle Hymn of the Republic" is an infectious tune.
5. "Swaying" and "Dancing" are not synonyms, except at a junior high dance.
6. I never used to think so, but Donna Brazile is alright.
7. In addition to George Orwell's "wrongthink" from 1984, our society has created "wrong-grief".