Monday, July 11, 2016

Another Editorial Note

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't have that much to say, but when one is almost sixty-years-old and spends a day or two a week working construction with guys twenty to forty years younger, there isn't a whole lot that I can do in the evenings except take acetaminophen and moan some.  Oh, and read newspapers online.  There may be some more postings coming.

On the way home tonight I stopped by a pizza place to pick up dinner and couldn't get down the sidewalk as some rather pale thirty-somethings were standing around like zombies staring at their phones.  I'm used to this in New York City, but this is a new experience in the maritimes, where people tend to look at other people and, as we are on the shoreline, look healthier.  Well, except for their fondness for tobacco.

Turns out this Pokemon Go phone game has managed to lobotomize many of the citizenry.

Speaking of lobotomies, here's something about Washington D.C.:

If our rulers think global warming is a crisis, let them be a good example for the rest of us: Ban AC for DC