Sunday, December 2, 2018

Finally, Some Truth About the 1950's

The Libeled Decade
Read most pieces online, watch the majority of documentaries, and you’ll be faced with a constant refrain: The 50s was a decade of repression, conformity, and suburban boredom while the 60s was a time of freedom, excitement, and free expression...(The decade) was economically prosperous yet intellectually stimulating, as artists like John Ford, Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck, and Jack Kerouac pushed the envelope of expression.
I'm fatigued with lightweight educators and their students telling me how dire and dour the 50's were, thus revealing their remarkable historical retardation.  I was alive then, although but a child, and remember it as a time of freedom, as opposed to the bizarre and self-imposed constraints of this "woke" age where people are afraid to say or think anything that may damage the narrative uber-mind of the elites.

Before any of the contemporary sons and daughters of privilege start pranging on about "persons of color", I would remind the reader that, according to the language of our neo-Marxist Woketopia, I'm a p.o.c., and was accepted in those days according to my character, not my genetic background.