Saturday, September 9, 2017

Light Blogging Ahead


Just when I thought I was getting too old for this, the phone rings.

Well, it bleeps.

Because of the expected drain on Coast Guard and Maritime Administration support personnel, including chaplains, in addressing the emergencies in Florida and the Caribbean, I find that I've been "re-activated".

While I imagine I'll be subbing locally for those being sent south, this will add to my activities and reduce the time I spend with The Coracle.  I'll try to get at least one posting up a day, though. Also, we're about three weeks ahead on the Friday biographies, so those will continue uninterrupted.

A Collect for those in harm's way:

Almighty God, we know you do not willingly afflict or grieve your children: Look with compassion upon those experiencing the devastating effects of tempest and flood. Comfort those who have lost loved ones, grant healing to those who are injured, and give strength to responders, community leaders and all involved in restoring balance to the displaced. Grant them hope and an awareness of grace in the days to come, and all for the sake of your son, Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.