Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Unpopular Thoughts

When a colleague in the church or academia begins a statement with, "Speaking as a (fill-in-the-blank identity group)..." , I stop listening.  Narcissistic neo-Marxist drivel is boring.

I've never seen even a minute of Game of Thrones.  I have no interest in it at all.

I have discovered that my biggest peeve is when people speak to one another over the organ prelude before a liturgy begins.  The organist has practiced a complicated piece designed to facilitate the moments of meditation before engaging in the holy mysteries, and they're loudly conversing as if he's making noxious noise designed to prevent them from talking about whatever nonsense they find urgent.  Often, they're surrounded by people trying to pray.

Politicians, when speaking about peace, please don't refer to Nelson Mandela in the same breath as Gandhi or MLK, Jr.  Mandela deliberately rejected non-violence.

I think those kids are on my lawn, again.  I have to go yell at them.