Saturday, June 11, 2016

I Can't Argue with This; I Still Wouldn't Have Done Things Differently, Though

Thinking about ordination? Think again.

A persnickety note: I'm beginning to tire of what could best be described as the "theology of blame", which I have seen time and again when people describe the Christian leadership experience.  They cry how we are racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.  In other words, we are the world.  Believe me, I understand.  Try being a poor half-breed in an all-white town filled with privileged liberals. 

However, instead of wallowing in this self-serving flagellation, Christianity also holds the means for countering such negativity with deep and eternal import.  We can whine about all of the "-isms", or we can leave the terminal wallow of the Theology of Blame and move into the place of light.