Monday, March 2, 2015

Why I’m Coming Out as a Christian

No, I’m nervous to come out as a Christian because I worry I’m not good enough of one. I’m not scared that non-believers will make me feel an outcast. I’m scared that Christians will.

To be sure, if that's your great fear, you may not be quite there yet.  If you are viewing your faith as a way of reconciling that of Obama's or to satisfy the puzzle-witted expectations of secular pundits, you need to study scripture a bit more. 

After all, "If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake, and for the sake of the gospel, will save it...Those who are ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of them the Son of Man will also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

It's about action, you see, not thought.