Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Help Me Understand This

Climate denial is immoral, says head of US Episcopal church

So, according to the presiding bishop, to whom I have publicly vowed obedience and from whom seek guidance and direction, if I were to question [aka "deny", I guess] the contentious and sometimes dubious "science" that directs too much of the conversation about climate, weather, and the environment, I am figuratively blind, immoral, and rejecting of what sounds like a private knowledge of God.

Additionally, I am akin to those who resisted the civil rights movement and am threatening to the livelihood and survival of people in the developing world.

Clearly, I don't deserve to be an Episcopalian, as so, so many have also come to realize during the past fifteen years.

I wish the PB had been as interested in addressing less-than-abstract concerns about clergy alcohol use, but to do so is perhaps hasty and unfair and I regret it even crossed my mind.  After all, that isn't my role in the church.

Related:  $40 million bucks?

Also related: Americans’ concern over environmental issues such as water and air pollution and extinction of species is down from last year, and the data show that of all green issues, Americans worry the least about global warming (or climate change), according to Gallup.

By all means, let's make the church's primary concern that which is of least importance to those whom we would evangelize.  We can call it reverse evangelism.