Friday, October 10, 2014

Fridays

A couple of years ago, when thinking of my newborn granddaughter and the people she would never learn about in her government approved school curricula, I put together a list of 50 people whom I either found interesting or had some influence on my life.  Some are known and some terribly obscure. However, many of those names receive more "hits" on the Internet than most of the other postings on The Coracle.

Since I enjoyed the discipline of writing about them each Friday, and since the first batch of fifty names will be published next year in an expanded e-book collection [a great gift for birthdays and religious holidays], I decided to begin a new collection of fifty people starting this Friday.

Like the initial collection, some of these people have names and some, like today's first subject, are known only by a nickname or some obtuse identifier.  In each case I'll try to give some description, some history, and, if they are artists or writers or historical figures, list some references to their works or works about them.

They are in no particular order, either than that of stray whim.