Friday, June 28, 2013

This morning's offering is the last of this series of Friday features.  There have been fifty such profiles over the past year, every Friday except for Good Friday and Easter Friday, where I have written either of people whom I know or have known and admired or those whom I admire and wish I had known.  Oh, and one whom I never knew and I'm glad for it.

Originally, the sub-title for all of these very minor essays was "Dear Abigail", as I wanted my granddaughter to know something of life before her birth and of some of the characters I've known in real life.  I'm also not so naive as to expect any of her teachers will have known of some of the less obscure people and their importance to church and history, so I wanted to make sure her education was a tad more complete than what will be provided by those trained, if not educated, in the rather light-weight contemporary standard.

My original promise, and the source of my weekly discipline, is now complete.  Should a personality occur to me, I will certainly put together a reminiscence and post it on a Friday.

Again, thanks for reading.