Saturday, November 3, 2018

More Pungency

Another episode of "Get Woke, Go Broke":

Ratings: “The Conners” Beaten By Everything, Drops in Total Viewers and Demo as ABC Orders Only 1 More Episode

I never watched this show, even in its original incarnation.  I say that not to shore up my intellectual bona fides, but to note that all of what I know of it I've either read in the media or heard about from co-workers, etc.

One of those people, who is not sympathetic towards the current occupant of the White House or those who support him, actually complimented the re-introduced show for speaking in a mature, yet humorous, manner about families trying to figure out how to love one another in the midst of political disagreement.  Since no one else in entertainment is doing that, I noted it.

Of course, the star of the show began her career as an "outrage comedian", and has fulfilled that definition for a number of decades now, so the network knew whom they were hiring and what she was like.  The new, neo-Marxist, neo-Victorian rules of comportment caught up with them, however, and they panicked and killed off a money-maker.

I don't care about any of the actors.  Sorry, but their compensation from just one episode is equal to 8 and 1/2 years of my salary, so they'll be okay.  I do care about all of those people on the crew, who had found themselves working on a hit TV show, suddenly to be left unemployed because the network needed to appeal not to the viewing public, but to their own incestuous political world.