Monday, October 2, 2017

A Word About Postings

My wife and I are going through a weird phase.  Traditionally, I'm an occasional insomniac who, even when sleeping well, tends to get up before dawn.  It's a holdover from those days, now over twenty years ago, when I worked and lived at a boarding school and that was the only time of day when it was quiet enough to do some work.

Hence, I go to bed early.  My wife, on the other hand, stays up a couple or three hours later than I and, since she's retired now, sleeps until she dang well feels like it.  On a timepiece, that's usually around 10.

This past week, I've been sleeping until dawn [!] and she's been getting up before 8.  Has there been some change in the cosmos?

This means, early readers, that postings are later in the day than has been the norm for The Coracle. However, when not engaged in busy-ness associated with my three jobs, I'll still put things before you, just a little later in the day [sorry, Jeanne].  How can I not, considering how 4th century Roman our society has become?