Saturday, October 1, 2016

Rig for Silent Running


Since social media must be all politics all the time, just like popular entertainment, sports, and The Episcopal Church, I'm closing down both my Facebook and Twitter accounts until after Election Day.  Ah, the taste of electronic liberation.  They'll be back, maybe, sometime after the election.  Or not.  I don't know. The Coracle will remain, of course.  It's always here and has been, in one form or another, for twelve years now.

Besides, after 80 hours of logistical planning over the last six months, we're ready to move to New South Wales, and that's all I really care about at this point.  It's nice to have a new adventure, even, or especially, at my age.

And now, some inspiration:

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." - Samuel Ullman