Thursday, December 20, 2012

Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others

After the deadly Aurora, Colorado shooting Feinstein criticized those who said responsible conceal carry permit holders could have stopped gunman James Holmes, saying "...and maybe you could have had a firefight and killed many more people. These are people in a theater."

Opponents of the Assault Weapons Ban point to Feinstein’s hypocrisy on the issue, as the Senator herself said she obtained a concealed carry permit in California when she felt her life was threatened.

Another millionaire with tax-funded 24 hour a day security and ready access to law enforcement wants to tell those of us without such things what we're allowed to have.

Then again, when she speaks of irresponsible gun owners, perhaps she's speaking of other federal employees:

Pistol purchased by ATF agent found at alleged cartel crime scene in Mexico

Or this guy, who sounds like some kind of deranged nutcase; I'm told he's a federal employee, too:

“I guarantee ya, Barack Obama ain’t takin’ my shotguns. So don’t buy that malarkey. Don’t buy that malarkey. They’re gonna, they’re gonna start peddlin’ that to ya. I got two. If he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”

Whoops, I do beg your pardon.  That quotation is from the current vice-president, not my wild uncle.  I'm sure he's anything but a nutcase, especially since the VP will be in charge of determining what the new government gun policy will look like.