Friday, August 6, 2010

I Know This May Seem Early...

...but I want to start planning for an adult education program on Thursday nights in the fall.  I'd like to do something of general interest such as the Biblical archaeology sessions that we enjoyed during Lent.

One of the things that I've done in the past is historically to trace the movement of Christianity from the 2nd Century A.D. all the way through the Roman Empire, to Britain and, eventually, its colonies, to the settling of the congregation I was working with at the time.  For our purposes, this would be "From Jerusalem to Roxbury".

The individual sessions would cover a lot of the unknown portions of Christian history that explain why we do what we do in worship, what has made our tradition different from others, and, like the archaeology class, introduce you to some of the great characters of our shared history.  My guarantee is that all will find something of interest.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to let me know.