Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer #52


It's August, again. Or almost, anyway. Let's review the list, shall we?

"...a damaged rotator cuff, torn thumb tendon, sprained ankle, simple orbit fracture, cracked palate, demolished molar [a surf board hit me in the side of the face; not my board, some teenager's], two black eyes [not at the same time], bloodied noses, sprained elbow, jellyfish stings, and forty-eight stitches in various parts of me. Not to mention sunburn [although not since the early 80's], dehydration, ear infection, various minor abrasions, contusions, lacerations, and a profound sinus irritation. Oh, and a barracuda once gave me a dirty look."

Yeah, and in the summer of '76 I managed to sink a sailboat. Twice in one day, as a matter of fact. Got rescued by a boatload of inebriated charter fishermen. They towed the sailboat back, too. Nice guys, if somewhat erratic at navigation.

Does it get any better? Nah.

A couple of pre-loaded updates, mostly concerned with lections and historical events, will appear, but we are technically on summer hiatus. Needless to say, I'm not taking a computer with me, so e-mail will not be entertained.