Monday, September 24, 2018

Mental Health Time


Everyone, the discourse on social media is insufferable right now, and my long-held belief that our political/media class is dangerously stupid has been repeatedly reinforced and, amazingly, expanded and deepened in recent weeks.  As much as I enjoy eating popcorn while the elites of our society devour themselves, their world view is poisonous, infectious, and unpleasant and I'll be shutting down my media accounts for the time being.

Since those are the main sources of what winds up posted on The Coracle, this will mean a change.  Just for fun, I'm going to play Alan Watts for a bit and post bits and pieces of the roughest of drafts of my next "epic".  Relax, it's less interesting than it sounds.

The Friday profile redux will continue; the Saturday literary corner will, as well.  We may add a new feature for a bit on Thursdays; we'll see about that.  But, links to articles will diminish until we are, once again, in a less silly world.  Or, when the next civil war presents itself and the four horsemen make their ride.  That'll be worth some commentary.