Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Movies for the 4th

So, it's really humid outside, I just spray painted something with a couple of rattle cans and I think I lost five pounds in thirty minutes, so I'm indoors with the air-conditioner on.  That means it's time for laziness and movies.

1.  Where Eagles Dare: Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood decimate the Wehrmacht at a castle in the Alps.  I mean, c'mon.


2.  Patton: Enough said, really.


3.  Dr. Strangelove: Absurdity in the Cold War.


4.  The Scarlet Coat: Well, one has to be set during the Revolution.  Cornel Wilde goes undercover to spy on Benedict Arnold and thwart his treason.  A bonus is that Turner Classic Movies is showing it today at 2:30pm Eastern.


5.  The Last of the Mohicans:  Natty Bumppo, the original liminal man.  Also, it stars my former neighbor.

6.  The Manchurian Candidate: Free will overturns Communist brainwashing.