Sunday, June 24, 2018

How Can That Be? It Would Mean the Media was [gasp!] Manipulating Us

I saw reports about the brutal conditions of border detainees, including photos of people sleeping on a floor wrapped in those aluminum foil-like "space blankets", and expressed concern about it to my two senators, Blumenthal and Murphy, and to the Episcopal Church's office of peace and justice.

Blumenthal sent me a rote response, Murphy nothing, my own Episcopal Church less than nothing.

Of course, that was in 2014 when the White House was occupied by those palatable to the senators and the Episcopal Church.  Now a policy that has been in place through the tenure of Bush and Obama is judged to be the most horrible thing ever, with crying professional protestors, rancid Hollywood vulgarians, and simpering clergy all condemning the practice, mainly because their preferred candidate lost and the White House is occupied by the perfect reflection of their own cynicism.

Yeah, I'm going out on a limb here, but I really don't think they care for any of these immigrants beyond their usefulness in political attacks.  This, too, is a symptom of our age's neo-Marxist ideology.