Thursday, May 17, 2018

Liberation


So, on Tuesday, I realized that the birds had stopped singing and the other animal sounds that are a natural part of the environment, so natural that they aren't noticed until they stop, had ceased as well.  The air was heavy and still and I started to become alert.

You see, I'm not native to the Nutmeg State.  I'm from this town.

When the sky turned green, I knew it was time to find the three-day survival bag.  When I heard the freight train sound and saw that the sudden rain was horizontal, seen blowing to the east from the front windows of the house and to the west from the rear windows, it was time to get in the basement.

The worst thing about this?  The weather-dweeb on the local news with his Sears and Roebuck tie and painted-on hair telling me that this wasn't "technically" a tornado.  Uh-huh.  Just admit that you didn't call it correctly, weather-dweeb.

NOAA has now informed us that it was an F1.  No kidding, Sherlock.  Just look at my cemetery.  "A severe thunderstorm", huh?




Anyway, the power's back on.