Thursday, November 9, 2017

Oh, I Think I Know Why

Why Restaurants Increasingly Are Banning Children

Children are raised to behave abysmally.  Their parents seem dazed at the notion of parental accountability.  I recall being taught how to act in public, especially at a meal, and how postive it was to be complimented on my manners.  I felt as if I belonged in the company of adults.  It may me feel at ease and welcomed.

The other day I saw some upper-middle class urchin sitting on a floor by the kitchen doors at a restaurant playing some game on her lobotomy pad while workers were forced to step over and around her while they were carrying trays with food.  Her sibling was running around in the bar section while the parents, with forced rictus smiles, observed them as if they were remote quarks dancing about in a radio-microscope lens.

This is why I often seek out the darkest of dive bars in order to get away from the more base aspects of humanity: Namely, parents with children.  Dive bars are dark, the patrons are sketchy, the food will probably poison you, but they scare away young parents and their children.  Also, I get along with bikers.