Friday, September 26, 2014

This Is Going To Get Someone Hurt

Student in Military Jacket Prompts Lockdown at Southington School
"Police said a school employee spotted a suspicious man in the hallway and described him as standing 5 feet 7 inches tall and wearing a green military-type jacket.  According to police, a student matching the staff member's description was found in a classroom and identified as the person in question.  The student did not pose a threat and, after completing a secondary search, police gave the all clear."
The "threat" has already been realized.  It was presented by a nervous, myopic school employee and an anxious constabulary.  The student body has now been traumatized by its second lockdown [nice, a prison term in use in public schools] in two weeks.

[I wish I had known when I was in high school, back when army surplus jackets were commonly worn, that a "military-type" jacket could cause a whole government school to cease to function.  It would have been handy on exam days.  I wonder how many unlawful searches were made by the police during this most recent "lockdown"?  These days, with schools and colleges manifesting weird understandings of constitutional rights, I wish I were a litigious lawyer.  I would clean up.]