Monday, July 9, 2012

Tales From A Secular Society

A number of years ago I was at a dinner party when the fellow seated next to me, upon discovering that I was ordained, became rather agitated and informed me, over some pleasant zabaglione, that the world would be a better place if completely secularized. "You religious lot," he continued, "have mucked it all up."

I asked him what he did for a living, and he told me that he sold antiques. I told him that I thought the world would be a better place without tedious used furniture salesmen.

I wish I could suffer fools more gladly than I do.

Anyway, look what those horrid bluenoses in NYC have done; they've banned dancing:

Couple arrested and spent 23 hours in jail for DANCING at train platform

Wait, do you mean it was secular authority that did this?  It has a wonderfully Iranian vibe to it, doesn't it?