Friday, October 22, 2010

226th Diocesan Convention


The annual convention is today and tomorrow. If you wonder what it's like, think of Woodstock and then take away the drugs, tents, mud, electric guitars, generational relevance, and open dress code. Oh, and move it indoors. To a cathedral. And also limit the guest list and make 57 the median age of the participants . Yep, that's about it.  So, it's really not like Woodstock at all.

Above is an example of the mad party people with whom I'll be spending the next two days.  Hey, they're more fun than they look. 

I'll attempt to send pertinent information to the weblog during the proceedings.  That is, if I can get a wifi signal somewhere in the neighborhood of the cathedral.

[This means I won't be in the office from Friday morning to late afternoon on Saturday and, as is the custom, my cell phone will be switched off while we are in the midst of deliberations.]