Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Morning, Roxbury


Ah, it's moving day. Again. How many of these have I had? Last night Jenni and I were talking about first days at new jobs when I realized that this is my seventeenth "first week", fourteen of which have been at parishes. You would think I would have it down by now.

Anyway, after an exciting [No, really] day shopping for furniture bits and pieces at a used hotel furniture warehouse ["Where Dante meets Holiday Inn"], and some vast Swedish warehouse in New Haven [Blurg or Nomso or something], I think I'm ready to start work now. Please.

Office hours will be held on Wednesday of this week. Pastoral calls begin on Thursday. Dinner with the vestry and search committee on Friday. There will be something on Sunday morning, I forget what. We'll see you all in church.