Monday, January 19, 2009

Every December I Get A Call From A Reporter...

...who will ask me if I, as a pastor, think that Christmas is becoming too commercial. I don't like to say, "I've been asked this question annually for the last quarter century" or "No comment" or something rude like that, since this is a question that is usually tasked to the most junior member of the newsroom, so I just give some ponderous historical answer, complete with footnotes, that ensures I will never be quoted in any American newspaper.

Now, if someone asked me if I thought American politics is becoming too commercial, I could simply refer them to this page.

By the way, anything purchased results in a 4% donation to Trinity Church. Not that we're commercialized or anything.



I think I still have my Jimmy Carter can opener.