Thursday, June 11, 2009

I Actually Find This Annoying...Not To Mention Somewhat Infuriating

Video game giant funds fake Christian protest

I fully accept that contra-Christian sentiment will continue to grow in the United States, but I think if we give this marketing choice by the people at Electronic Arts video games [Motto: Keeping your child indoors and in front of the TV set since 1982] the "Judeo-Muslim" test*, it would appear not so much as aggressive marketing but as something much uglier and, I would think, legally actionable.

[*The Judeo-Muslim Test is when one substitutes Christianity with either Judaism or Islam when examining the issue. So, imagine if EA had hired a bunch of actors to portray phony protesting Jews or Muslims and had them issue scripted material that reinforced negative stereotypes about Jewish or Muslim societal views. Somehow I think that it would be found unacceptable by those who represent conventional wisdom.]